What you will learn at the bachelor's degree in English Studies from University of Barcelona:
- The skills to work in different international and multicultural environments;
- Analytical, critical and summary skills, and the abilities to put the knowledge learnt into practice and evaluate emerging approaches to professional issues;
- English language competence and contrastive analysis of English;
- The identifying features of different linguistic, literary and cultural models in English, and their professional applications;
- The basic principles of applied linguistics in different English language fields;
- The features of English language literary texts in different genres, periods of history and cultural contexts.
- Classical Language
- Modern Idioms
- History and Culture (English)
- Applied Linguistics (English)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 17 other Bachelors in Language Studies in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Solid language skills (general reading and writing skills, and listening and speaking in an academic context).
- The ability to work towards individual and group goals.
- Critical and reasoning skills, the ability to relate concepts and extrapolate from these, and summary and analytical skills.
- Memory, reading culture and personal interest in intellectual development .
- Interest in language and literature.
- Knowledge of the language and literature in which you wish to specialize, of other languages that will be related to the study of these and of IT tools at a user level.
International5400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 90 EUR per credit during 48 months.
EU/EEA1080 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18 EUR per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.