During the Public Health program of University of Evansville students learn about a range of issues that impact population health, global health, environmental health, disease prevention, health communication and informatics, healthcare systems, and health behavior. Students will advance through employment or further education and become the new generation of public health professionals prepared and ready to protect and improve the health of the overall population.
Here are a number of reasons why you should consider an education in public health at the University of Evansville:
- Students may earn both bachelor's and master's degree in five years, providing them with an advantage after graduation.
- The Association of Schools of Public Health (ASPH) estimates that 250,000 more public health workers will be needed by 2020. To replenish the workforce and avert the crisis, schools of public health will have to train three times the current number of graduates over the next 11 years.
- The public health workforce is diminishing over time (there were 50,000 fewer public health workers in 2000 than in 1980), forcing public health workers to do more for more people with fewer resources. This challenge is compounded by the fact that 23 percent of the current workforce - almost 110,000 workers - were eligible to retire in 2012.
- There are documented and forecasted shortages of public health physicians, public health nurses, epidemiologists, health care educators, and administrators. Without enough public health workers protecting us where we live, work and play, we all are vulnerable to serious health risks.
- Success after graduation. You will have the adequate training necessary to find a career in public health or further your education by seeking admission to professional programs such as public health, physical therapy, medicine, law, business, and many more.
- This is one of the few programs in Indiana with an online graduate degree in Public Health. Students can earn the MPH in as little as 2 years, completely online.
- Public Health
- Global Health Issues
- Public Health Nutrition
- Food Science
- Environmental Health
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National students - rolling admission throughout the academic year.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1226 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of the passport (photo page) OR Copies of the I-20 and visa if previously issued a U.S. student/other visa
- Official/stamped copies of all certificates, diplomas, and transcripts sent from secondary schools.
- Official Test scores
- Two personal essays on two of the following four topics of your choice
- Two recommendation letters from different high school teachers (Not required but highly recommended)
- A personal statement (not required but recommended)
International41336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41336 USD per year during 48 months.
National40100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40100 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State40100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40100 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Evansville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.