Digital technology has provided a multimedia, multi-layered set of opportunities for Graphic Design, Illustration and Photography. Students in the Communication Design program at The Glasgow School of Art now incorporate the traditional skills of drawing, printing, photography and other graphic processes with video, sound, animation and other aspects of moving image and multimedia. Students are no longer defined by their specialism, but through their creative interpretations and articulation of the brief.
In order for a student to develop a vision of the future, they need an understanding of the past. Each area within Communication Design encourages a critical engagement with historic and contemporary practice, relating social cultural and political contexts. Learning is supported by a weekly series of professional practice lectures, in which some of the most respected designers in Europe visit the School and meet our students.
- Large collection of type facilities
- Precision cylinder proofing press
- Heidelberg and Colombian press
- Various book binding tools
There are three distinct specialisms in Communication Design at the GSA:
- Graphic Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 284 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Highers: ABBB including a literate subject*
- A Levels: ABB including Maths, plus GCSE English Language at grade A or 7.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): 30 points overall in the Diploma, including 18 at Higher Level, normally including English and Maths. Students not presenting English at grade 5 or above at Higher Level will be required to submit an IELTS.
- Irish Leaving Certificate: Four Highers at H2 or above - subjects required as per Scottish Highers.
- We are happy to consider holders of the Scottish Baccalaureate.
- For students currently taking qualifications we will look at predicted grades.
- Those who have qualifications from outside the UK should consult our international pages for country-specific entry requirements.
International19440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19440 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Scottish tuition fee: £1,820 / year
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.