The Creative Writing Emphasis degree program serves to prepare students for graduate work in fields such as creative writing, literature, composition, English education, communication, journalism, and linguistics.
The English - Creative Writing Emphasis program further serves as an appropriate pre-professional major for a student who plans to seek a higher degree in a field such as law, medicine, ministry, or mental health, especially when combined with a second major or minor pertinent to that field (for example, history, political science, business, biology, philosophy, psychology, etc.).
Concord University Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge/Mastery of ContentStudents will demonstrate a depth of knowledge and apply the methods of inquiry in a discipline of their choosing, and they will demonstrate a breadth of knowledge across varied disciplines.
- Critical ThinkingStudent will demonstrate the ability to access, analyze,and interpret information, respond and adapt to changing situations, make complex decisions, solve problems, and evaluate actions.
- CommunicationStudents will demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Personal, Civic, Cultural, and Global CompetenceStudents will demonstrate awareness and understanding of the skills necessary to live and work in a diverse world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- World Literature
- Writing About Literature
- Creative Writing
- English Grammars
- Study of the English Language
- Advanced Composition
- Survey of American Literature l, From Beginning to Civil War
- Advanced Creative Writing
- Creative Writing Portfolio
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
For national: applications will be taken into consideration on a rolling admissions bases
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 2813 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official high school transcripts with an overall grade-point average of 2.0 Or GED/TASC transcript.
- And complete the required high school units listed below:
- 4 English (including courses in grammar, composition, and literature)
- 3 Social Studies (including U.S. History)
- 4 Mathematics (three units must be Algebra I and higher)
- 3 Science (all courses to be college preparatory and each course to include a laboratory. Courses might include biology, chemistry, physics, etc.)
- 1 Art
- 2 Foreign Language (Two units of the same foreign language)
International17702 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17702 USD per year during 48 months.
National17702 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17702 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State8050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8050 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.