Biomedical scientists carry out laboratory tests on specimens sent for analysis by GPs and other healthcare professionals.
Biomedical Science is vital for the clinical diagnosis of disease and accurate treatment of patients and the operation of the NHS and other health-related industries. This Applied Biomedical Science - Biomedical Science (Hons) programme is offered Glasgow Caledonian University .
We offer the only Biomedical Science programme with placement in Glasgow that is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS).
A key strength of the programme is a work-based placement in a Scottish hospital by selection. International students are not eligible for consideration for placement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cells and Biomolecules
- Mechanisms of Cellular Regulation
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Biomedical Science Clinical Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Microbiology Biochemistry View 158 other Bachelors in Microbiology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Higher: Standard entry requirement: BBBB: Two science subjects and one essay-based subject such as English, History or Modern Studies plus Maths/English/Biology or Human Biology at Int. 2/Nat 5 B
- Minimum entry requirement: BBCC: Two science subjects and one essay-based subject such as English, History or Modern Studies plus Maths/English/Biology or Human Biology at Int. 2/Nat 5 B
- A level: BBC (incl Chemistry) GCSE: B/6 (Biology, Double Science, English and Maths)
- ILC Higher: H2 H2 H3 H3 (incl Chemistry, one other Science and English/essay-based subject) O level: B/6 (Maths and Biology)
- IB Diploma: 28 points (incl HL Chemistry) SL: 5 (Biology)
- BTEC: DMM Ext Dip (incl Chemistry and Biology) GCSE: BB/66 (Double Science) B/6 (English and Maths)
- SWAP: Science - BBB
- College HNC: Relevant HNC - graded unit B (incl sufficient coverage of Chemistry)
- IELTS score of 7.0 with no element below 6.5 (or equivalent)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- RUK: £9250
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.