- What is true for the country as a whole is a way of life in Lucerne. Located in the heart of the Swiss Alps, this city is a hub of international tourism and is considered a role model for many other destinations.
- The Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration: Tourism and Hospitality Management at Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts qualifies for a wide range of employment opportunities and prepares students for an international career in tourism. The programme is brand new and has been designed to include a wide range of tourism-related topics, such as tour operating, airlines, hotel and hospitality management, wellness, sports and destination management. Students also have the opportunity to acquire a good understanding of product development and product management in tourism, of e-commerce, digital transformation, event management, consumer behaviour, trends and innovation.
- Courses enable students to develop professional skills relevant to working in tourism such as communication, sales, negotiations, entrepreneurship and leadership. The programme design has been kept deliberately flexible to allow for studies to be combined with work, or for the integration of internships, or for exchange semesters at one of our international partner universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tourism & Destination Development
- Hospitality Management
- Event Management
- Tourism Products & Services
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Digital Tourism
- Sport & Wellness Tourism
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 15 other Bachelors in Tourism & Leisure in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have a higher secondary education certificate qualifying the holder for studies at university level in his or her country of origin
- Applicants from non-European countries must provide confirmation of acceptance to a bachelor degree course or equivalent in business administration or economics at an acknowledged university in their country of origin.
- Have a minimum of one year's qualified work experience in a business-related area
- Have proven knowledge in financial accounting and mathematics
- Provide evidence of English proficiency corresponding to at least level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference
- Be prepared to attend an interview either in person or by telephone
International1458 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 EUR per semester during 36 months.
National1458 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Lucerne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.