The Pre-Law program advises students interested in the legal profession, and helps prepare students for admission to law school. From 1998 – 2011, W&J students were accepted to law schools at a rate of approximately 90%, as compared to a national acceptance rate of 67%.
The Pre-Law program is associated with the Department of Political Science. Pre-Law advisors Dr. Buba Misawa and Dr. Joseph DiSarro offer guidance in choosing appropriate courses, taking the LSATs, visiting law schools, and preparing law school applications.
This degree program in Pre-Law is offered by the Washington and Jefferson College.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Although no specific courses are required for pre-law students and such students may major in any subject they choose, students in the following program are encouraged to take courses including, but not limited to: Principles of Accounting I & II; Advanced Composition; American Literature; and various courses in economics, history and political science.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Law View 226 other Bachelors in Public Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application: If you apply online we will waive your application fee of $25.
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report: This form should only be completed if you are still enrolled in secondary school and if your school will have additional grades to report in March.
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores: Students who speak English as a second language (non-native speakers) are required to submit an official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS by the admission deadline.
- SAT or ACT Scores: Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances: Please have your parents complete this Certification of Finances (PDF) and/or submit supporting documentation.
International48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
National48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.