The Mind and Language program at Washington and Jefferson College seeks to prepare students for a successful career after college in various settings (graduate school, professional school, or the business world). It provides especially helpful preparation for students who wish to pursue graduate degrees in English, Philosophy, or Linguistics, as well as other interdisciplinary programs involving language and mind study.
The Mind and Language minor incorporates courses from the departments of English, Modern Languages, and Philosophy. Students may pursue a 6-course minor that combines required courses in foundational topics with elective courses in affiliated departments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
For more information please visit the program website.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 2851 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application: If you apply online we will waive your application fee of $25.
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report: This form should only be completed if you are still enrolled in secondary school and if your school will have additional grades to report in March.
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores: Students who speak English as a second language (non-native speakers) are required to submit an official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS by the admission deadline.
- SAT or ACT Scores: Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances: Please have your parents complete this Certification of Finances (PDF) and/or submit supporting documentation.
International48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
National48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.