The Conflict and Resolution Studies concentration at Washington and Jefferson College offers theoretical insights into the causes of conflict—some positive and creative but far too many tragically destructive.
The concentration courses embrace the study of interpersonal, intergroup, and societal conflicts in different cultures across the world. Exploration of resolution strategies, social justice issues, and leadership qualities are features of the concentration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Four courses are required for the completion of the requirements. They are CRS 101: Introduction to Conflict Resolution (fall only) and three additional courses approved by the CRS Steering Committee.
- These three courses must represent at least two academic disciplines. With advanced approval by the program director, a student may complete either an internship or independent study as one of their electives.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 2071 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application: If you apply online we will waive your application fee of $25.
- School Documents
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report: This form should only be completed if you are still enrolled in secondary school and if your school will have additional grades to report in March.
- Final School Report
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores: Students who speak English as a second language (non-native speakers) are required to submit an official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS by the admission deadline.
- SAT or ACT Scores: Submission of these tests is optional.
- Certification of Finances: Please have your parents complete this Certification of Finances (PDF) and/or submit supporting documentation.
International48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
National48758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48758 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Washington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.