The general objective of Food Science and Technology from Mediterranean University of Reggio Calabria professional functions, including the support and integration of other functions, is the constant improvement of food products from a qualitative point of view, ensuring the sustainability of industrial activities and including innovations in specific activities.
Graduates with Food Science and Technology from Mediterranean University of Reggio Calabria will gain:
- basic / methodological propaedeutic / physics-mathematical and chemical-biological, in the areas of mathematical analysis, physics, chemistry, as well as statistics and computer technology for their application in food science and technology;
- specific knowledge, which refers to the areas of food technology with reference to the knowledge of the raw materials used, to the processes of transformation and conservation, to assessments of the quality and safety of production;
- specific knowledge, which refer to the sectors of economics and marketing, mechanization and food industry facilities and buildings in order to obtain the knowledge that allows the management of an agri-food activity.
- Fermentation Microbiology
- General Microbiology
- Agri-Food Policy
- Agri-Food Economics And Marketing
- Industrial Fruit Trees
- Buildings For Agricultural Industry
- Agri-Food Market Law
- Agronomy And Industrial Crops
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- original of the final qualification of secondary school (or substitute certificate) valid for admission to the University in which the academic qualification was obtained;
- official translation into Italian of the certificate or diploma referred to in point a);
- declaration of value on the same title referred to in letter a), issued by the Italian Diplomatic Authorities or Consular Representation whose educational code refers to the title itself;
- academic qualification - in original copy - for which acknowledgment is requested, also accompanied by an official translation into Italian and a declaration of value (Dichiarazione di valore in loco)
- certificate - in the original - with details of courses taken and exams taken abroad to obtain the foreign academic qualification referred to in letter d);
- official translation into Italian of the certificate referred to in point e);
- 2 passport size photographs, one of which is authenticated.
- application duty stamp
Living costs for Reggio Calabria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.