About The Programme
In this Fashion Branding with Communication (Hons) programme at Leeds Arts University you will explore a diverse range of evolving theories and practices that underpin fashion branding, and have opportunities to develop skills in: creative direction and styling, image making, editorial copy, advertising, exhibition design and styling, product development, visual merchandising and experiential campaigns.
With new technologies increasingly influencing the industry, you’ll study futurology and investigate theories to apply to projection mapping, augmented reality, mobile technology user interface design and digital and social media platform communications that will turn such future-facing ideas into reality. You will work in our design studios as a hub to explore and investigate design for fashion branding with communication, with introductions to some of our award-winning facilities to help position your ideas within a professional context.
There will be opportunities to work collaboratively with students on other courses. You will have close contact with industry through opportunities such as visiting speakers, live projects, industry briefs and competitions to ensure that you develop professional skills.
Career opportunities include creative direction, fashion branding, brand management, fashion buying, set building, fashion promotion, fashion advertising, PR, event management, styling, concept development, curation, and visual merchandising.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Year One — You will study multiple branding theories, concepts, processes and applications employed by the industry, including the historical contexts, fashion culture, visual language, and consumerism. You will start developing your own voice, ideas and creative practice through individual and group projects, including fl ash projects set by industry experts and professionals. Research skills, lateral thinking and creative imagination are central to all units.
- Year Two — You will further develop your skills with a specific focus on future concepts and innovative, creative branding strategies. Exploration of applied theories to digital applications, social media platforms and multi-platform branding will further enhance your approach to branding and communication.
- Year Three — You will consolidate your in-depth knowledge of developing fashion branding strategies and communication campaigns to produce a creative and professional portfolio.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 208 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A portfolio of relevant practical work, demonstrating your ability and enthusiasm for the course you’re applying for.
- You’ll need to have passed GCSE English Language or English Literature at grade C/grade 4 or above. For mature students, an Access to Higher Education qualification in art and design will also be acceptable to demonstrate English language ability.
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Seven £2000 scholarships are available as a tuition fee discount for your first year of study. You can apply for the scholarship after receiving an offer to study here. Successful recipients will be informed during the first week of June.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.