The Modern Languages program at Laurentian University requires the study of three languages including Italian and/or Spanish. In Italian Studies, we offer courses on language, literature, and culture, including Italian food, music, and the Italian immigrant experience.
Students have the opportunity to study abroad at the Università per Stranieri di Siena (in Siena, Italy) or the Università di Udine (in Friuli, Italy).
In Hispanic Studies, we offer courses on the language as well as the rich Hispanic culture in Spain and the Americas. Students can apply to study at the Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, in Ciudad Real, Spain.
Art, business, communications, design, fashion, graduate studies, hospitality industry, human relations, international relations (diplomacy, law, commerce and marketing), interpreting, teaching (at all levels), translation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory Spanish
- Introductory Italian
- Intermediate Spanish
- Aspects of Spanish American Culture and Civilization
- Aspects of Peninsular Culture and Civilization
- Intermediate Italian
- Italian Cinema
- Evolution of Italian Culture in Canada
- Italian Images in North American Films And Television
- Eating Italian Culture
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 178 other Masters in Languages in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Ontario High School Applicants
- 1 grade 12 English U/M course
- 5 other grade 12 U/M courses
- A minimum overall average of 70% in the 6 best grade 12 U/M courses
- Applicants who have completed the International Baccalaureate are eligible for admission provided they have achieved a minimum score of 28 and have fulfilled the diploma requirements (six subjects, minimum three at the higher level). Applicants may receive transfer credits for higher level courses with grades of 5 or higher.
- Applicants must submit the International Baccalaureate transcript to the Office of Admissions for evaluation.
International6000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 CAD per year during 36 months.
National6000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Greater Sudbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.