In four years, a Nursing (Pathways to Nursing) student at Chatham University can graduate with a BSN, RN license, and a year of work experience as an RN.
- Take general education and science courses at Chatham's Shadyside Campus, and prelicensure nursing courses at UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing (SSON).
- You will officially become an RN when you pass the NCLEX-RN after completing the SSON program your third (junior) year.
- After successfully passing the NCLEX-RN you will enter Chatham's accredited online RN-BSN program for your final (senior) year.
- Get the most out of Chatham's excellent science curriculum, our 150-year heritage of education, and the ability to experience the full undergraduate experience, including residential life, student activities and all the added benefits of living in Pittsburgh – consistently voted one of America's and the world's most livable cities.
- Chatham and UPMC SSON offer dedicated nursing faculty (not teaching assistants) and the same academic advisor for all four years.
- Earn your nursing diploma through UPMC SSON, a National League for Nursing Center of Excellence in Nursing Education and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
- Chatham's RN-BSN program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Professional Concepts of Nursing
- Foundational Concepts of Nursing
- Physiological Concepts of Nursing
- Complex Individual and Family Nursing Concepts
- Advanced Nursing Concepts
- Transition Into Nursing Practice
- Health Policy and Finance for Nurses
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1382 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
- The Chatham University online application
- The supplemental UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing application
- High School transcripts showing graduation date and 2 years of science with related lab coursework
- Post-secondary Education: all transcripts must be submitted
- Completion of the following high school courses with a “C” or higher
- 4 years of English
- 2 years of Science (Biology or Chemistry) with a related Laboratory
- 2 years of Mathematics (1 of which is Algebra)
- 3 years of Social Studies
- High school GPA of 3.0 or greater
- SAT > 1050 or ACT > 21 or TEAS test score of 62% or higher. Offered by ATI and required for admission to UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing.
International42125 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42125 USD per year during 48 months.
National42125 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42125 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Pittsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.