About the Department
The curriculum of the Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design program from Seoul National University combines courses in the social and natural sciences, as well as art, for design, production and marketing of clothing and textiles. Options within the curriculum allow students to specialize on fashion products, fashion business, and textile & apparel science.
The department offers graduate programs to foster scholarly investigation into design, develop-ment, production, evaluation, merchandising and consumption of apparel and textile products. The graduate programs are divided into more detailed areas: fashion design, fashion marketing & retailing, clothing ergonomics, clothing physiology and textile science.
- Theory of Fashion Design
- Textile Fibers Fashion Illustration
- Human Body and Clothing Construction
- History of Western Costume
- Textile Fabrics
- Clothing and Health
- Socio-psychological Aspects of Clothing
- History of Korean Costume
- Flat Pattern Design Fashion Marketing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission
- Personal Statement and Study Plan
- Letter of Recommendation
- Counselor Reference
- Official Highschool Transcript and Graduation Certificate
- A Copy of the Applicant's Passport
- Copies of Both Parents' Passport
- Official Document Indication parent-child relationship between the applicant and his or her parents
- Financial Certification
- Portfolio, Records of Achievement
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- Agreement for Verification of Academic Record
International4550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2275 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Seoul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.