Additionally, in order to be considered for conditional admission students must:
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.5;
- Have completed or will have completed 60 hours of coursework which includes the following required social work courses: SOWK 200, SOWK 250*, SOWK 312, SOWK 313, SOWK 315, SOWK 317*, SOWK 318, and SOWK 380 by the end of their junior/third year of undergraduate study; and
- Complete a personal interview with the BSSW Program Director or his/her designee. Personal interviews will typically occur after the April 1st BSSW/MSSW Program Application Packet deadline and before May 1st during the junior/third year of undergraduate study. Immediately following the personal interview, the BSSW Program Director or his/her designee will notify students, in writing, of their conditional admission status.
In the Social Work - Five-Year Program Application Packet, students will specify their preference for program location (Knoxville or Nashville campus or Online) and for the full-time or part-time (2 year) program.
Students will also be asked to identify their preference for the Evidence-based Interpersonal Practice or Organizational Leadership specialization. Although the MSSW Admissions Committee from University of Tennessee Knoxville will do its best to match students with their preferences, there is no guarantee a student will receive their preference once fully admitted.
- Social Work
- Social Welfare
- Interviewing Skills and the Helping Relationship in Social Work Practice
- Social Work Practice with Individuals and Families
- Social Work Practice with Groups, Organizations and Communities
- Honors: Understanding Diversity in a Global Society
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Family & Consumer Science Social Work View 280 other Bachelors in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- Submit a successful a Five-Year BSSW/MSSW Program Application Checklist by April 1st during the junior/third year of undergraduate study (link to application packet can be found at the bottom of the page). As a part of the Five-Year BSSW/MSSW Application Packet, students will complete a professional statement along with three reference evaluations forms. One of the three required reference evaluation forms shall be completed by BSSW Program Director or designee. The BSSW Program Director or designee will notify students of their conditional admittance to the Five-Year BSSW/MSSW Program by the end of the spring semester of their junior/third year of undergraduate study.
- Submit a successful application (and payment of graduate school application fee) to the Graduate School starting in October but NO LATER than December 1st of their senior/fourth year of undergraduate study
International31664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31664 USD per year during 60 months.
National31664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31664 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State13244 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13244 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.