The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) defines accelerated BSN programs as those that can be completed in 12 to 18 months. The Nursing (Accelerated) program from University of Tennessee Knoxville is a 12-month accelerated program, not an abbreviated program. For those individuals who have the right balance of intellectual ability, time management skills, emotional fortitude, and personal and financial support, an accelerated BSN program can be the ideal entry into practice.
- 12-month program (Summer start), to be completed in three full-time semesters
- Direct transfer of previous baccalaureate degree credits
- Minimum prerequisite course requirements
- Excellent clinical experiences at major hospitals, community clinics, health departments, schools, and other health care facilities in the region
- Highly qualified faculty who are experienced teachers, researchers, and leaders in nursing and health care
- Technology-enhanced classrooms and accredited simulation laboratory facilities
- Outstanding preparation for the NCLEX, the national licensing exam for RNs—UT College of Nursing graduates consistently exceed both the state and national pass rates
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Immersion I for the Accelerated Student
- Pathophysiology for the Accelerated Student
- Foundations of Professional Nursing Practice for the Accelerated Student
- Health Assessment for the Accelerated Student
- Pharmacotherapeutics for the Accelerated Student
- Leadership I for the Accelerated Student
- Maternal-Newborn Nursing for the Accelerated Student
- Nursing Care of Adults for the Accelerated Student
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 818 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Go Vols application or the Common Application
- $50 application fee (Fee waivers are not available to international applicants.)
- Official transcript(s)
- English proficiency
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) if you attend a high school in the United States
- Recommendation letters (academic, professional, or personal)
- Supporting statement
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International57415 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57415 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National57415 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57415 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State27648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.