The purpose of a Bachelor of Commerce in Law at University of Johannesburg is to allow the student to acquire knowledge of the South African legal system, private law, business enterprises law, labour law and customary law. In addition to this, the student will be able to take courses in aspects of Economic and Management Sciences.
Core subjects within the Faculty of Economic and Financial Sciences and the Faculty of Management are covered together with specific legal subjects.
Career Oportunities (without an LLB degree):
- State legal advisor
- Corporate legal advisor
- Court personnel
- Office personnel in a law firm
- Legal Skills
- Law of Persons and the Family
- Business Management
- Indigenous Law
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Business Law Legal Studies View 16 other Bachelors in Business Law in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit a completed application form with supporting documents
- Final School results
- Valid Passport or Identity Document or Birth Certificate
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of learning and teaching (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 6 and TOEFL at an average score of 80–104 for Undergraduate programmes)
International5944 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5944 EUR per year during 36 months.
R102,280 – R110,330
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.