A practice-based major, it focuses on modern and contemporary art and centers on two tracks: curatorial practices and theory and criticism.
The History of Arts and Visual Culture coursework at Columbus College of Art and Design features a combination of studio, research and practicum experiences to link the study of art history to the diverse worlds of contemporary art production and presentation. You'll unravel the stories behind great works of art, ranging from monumental to small-scale, while learning about the artists’ lives and societies in which their visions were created. And you'll be prepared for positions in museums, galleries, auction houses and publishing, as well as graduate-level study.
- Drawing Introduction Survey
- painting Introduction Survey
- printmaking Introduction Survey
- Ceramics Introduction Survey
- Glass Introduction Survey
- Jewelry Introduction Survey
- Sculpture Introduction Survey
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts Art History View 2384 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic records (official or unofficial). Educational records from secondary (high) school and college/university, if applicable, must be submitted in English or accompanied by an official English translation. CCAD requires a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Please contact us if your GPA does not meet the minimum requirement and you’d still like to apply. If you are admitted to CCAD, you will need to submit official (signed and sealed) copies of all of your transcripts before you begin classes.
- A photocopy of your current passport photo identification page.
- Proof of English proficiency.
International36500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36500 USD per year during 48 months.
National36500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36500 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Columbus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.