From orchestral and pedagogy training to the collaborative duo seminar and advanced trio program, your experiences in the Cello program of Cleveland Institute of Music all work in concert to prepare you for the exciting opportunities ahead. Notably, six members of The Cleveland Orchestra cello section studied at CIM.
This degree focuses on individual performance instruction and development in the specific instrument of concentration. Students gain practical experience and have opportunity to regularly demonstrate technical competence and the integration of musical knowledge and skills through participation in studio classes, master classes, chamber music and large ensembles, opera workshop and opera productions. Because CIM holds firmly to the belief that professional performers must be educated in the foundational structures, history, aesthetics and relevancy of music, the program places additional emphasis on knowledge and skill acquisition in areas of music theory, history and literature, and eurhythmics.
- Performance Lessons/Jury
- Music Theory
- Dalcroze Eurhythmics
- General Education
- Other Music Classes
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2283 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- A $110 nonrefundable application fee is submitted online with the application
- Prescreen video
- All applicants must upload a performance resume within the application
- Transcript(s) from any high school/secondary school attended
- Transcript(s) from any college where you have taken dual credit courses or credits that may transfer
- Homeschool transcripts, if applicable
- Two letters of recommendation
- Applicants auditioning for the bachelor of music will take an online theory examination
- Live Audition
- Applicants from countries where English is not an official language must submit TOEFL or IELTS English language scores
International40000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40000 USD per year during 48 months.
National40000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cleveland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.