The HSE and Kyung Hee University Double Degree Programme in Economics and Politics in Asia at HSE University is Russia's only English-taught double degree bachelor’s programme in International Studies with a partner university from East Asia that trains specialists in the field of economics, business, politics, and international relations in Asian countries.
Starting the second year, in addition to their major students choose one of the two additional specializations: Global Business or International Relations.
During the third year of education, all students study abroad at Kyung Hee University and in the countries of East Asia (China, Korea, Japan) or Southeast Asia (Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam), depending on their chosen language specialization. Graduates receive two diplomas: from HSE University and Kyung Hee University.
Graduates of the programme will be awarded:
- A Bachelor’s degree in International Studies from HSE University;
- A Bachelor’s degree in International Studies (Chinese/Korean/Japanese/Southeast Asian Studies) from Kyung Hee University;
- Diploma supplement in one of the two additional specializations: Global Business or International Relations
This will allow the graduates to enroll in master's degree programmes and/or enable them to build careers relating to countries in Asia across a wide range of specializations.
What you can do after graduation
- Studies in master's degree programmes. The high level of training provided and diplomas from prestigious universities in Russia and Korea will enable graduates to enroll in MA programs in leading Russian and international universities and provide a favorable career start. If a graduate wishes to continue with international studies at HSE University, they can apply to a double degree MA Programme in Economics, Politics, and Business in Asia.
- Business. Graduates can build their careers in business, including positions at domestic and global enterprises, or start their own business.
- Public service. Bachelor's degree in International Studies s allows graduates to start careers in the public sector in governmental, semi-governmental, non-governmental, and international organizations. However, it should be noted that in civil service, a Master's degree is required to be qualified for managerial positions (head of the department and higher).
- Analytics and consulting. Experts in Asian countries are in high demand in Russian and foreign consulting firms and research agencies.
- Mass media. Skills in political analysis, understanding of international processes, and knowledge of several languages can become the foundation for careers in major mass media companies.
The programme offers the following courses:
- Asian Language (Basic Course)
- State And Society In East Asia (Southeast Asia)
- East Asia (Southeast Asia) In Contemporary System Of International Relations
- East Asian (Southeast Asian) Economic Development
- Finance And Business
- International Political Economy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The HSE-KHU Double Degree BA Programme ‘Economics and Politics in Asia’ is provided in English. Therefore, a high level of English proficiency is required. We expect highly-skilled and motivated applicants whose English skills upon entry into the programme are equivalent to an overall score of at least 6 from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). If you have an international certificate in English, the results of these examinations can be recognized by HSE and used instead of HSE internal examinations.
- However, not having a certificate does not exclude candidates from the admission process.
- Applicants must be high school graduates. We accept students with high school certificate from around the world.
- To apply for HSE-KHU Double Degree BA Programme ‘Economics and Politics in Asia’ you need to pass two HSE exams: History (minimum 60 points) and English language (minimum 70 points).
International6516 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6516 EUR per year during 48 months.
- 570 000 RUB/year
Living costs for Moscow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.