Students in the Liberal Arts program at the Bethany Lutheran College should declare liberal arts as their intended major as early in their college career as possible by filing the Declaration of Major/Change of Advisor form with the registrar. The student’s advisor should be from the area of the student’s concentration, and must be approved by the director of the liberal arts major.
Application for formal acceptance into the major, however, must be made through the student’s advisor at the end of the sophomore year. Students must also have a GPA of 2.0 or above.
The goal of the liberal arts major is to produce creative and resourceful thinkers who are:
- Capable of intellectual, spiritual, moral vigor; critical and creative thought; and coherent and persuasive communication of ideas.
- Knowledgeable about and sensitive to their own and others; social, cultural, historical and religious perspectives.
- Aware of the physical world in which they live.
- Capable of translating their education into the civic sensibilities needed to serve in church and society.
- Capable of pursuing a deeper study of a particular discipline or topic that spans the disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integral to the liberal arts major are concentrations. The concentrations serve as a focal point for the major, adding disciplinary depth.
- A student may not have both a concentration and a minor in the same area. RELG489 International Study Tour may apply as an upper division elective for some concentrations, subject to approval by the director of the liberal arts major on an individual basis.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLiberal Arts View 1519 other Bachelors in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High school transcript (or college transcript for transfer students)
- Copy of any certificate or degree obtained
- Results from TOEFL, IELTS, or another approved English proficiency indicator.
- If the student is from an English-speaking country, then official ACT or SAT scores shall be evaluated instead of English proficiency test.
- For students transferring from another US college or university, the test requirements may be waived pending review of official college transcripts.
- One letter of recommendation
- Certificate of financial responsibility and supporting documents (bank statement)
- Passport copy
International27700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27700 USD per year during 48 months.
National27700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27700 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Mankato
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.