The educational system‘s approach for this programme represents an answer to transformation processes that our globalized societies face today.
At University of Applied Arts Vienna we offer a bachelor degree programme in Cross-Disciplinary Strategies. Applied Studies in Art, Science, Philosophy is offered by University of Applied Arts Vienna.
To be able to deal with complex and global dynamics as well as differing realities, courses designed to give an overview offer interdisciplinary knowledge and provide insights into strategies and methods from a number of areas of knowledge.
Basic principles of art, philosophy, natural sciences, engineering and the humanities are an integral part of the curriculum in order to familiarize students with various perspectives and epistemologies. In addition, basic knowledge regarding the challenges of an increasing fusion of man and machine will be imparted, with particular focus on the growing automation that is due to the refinement of artificial intelligence and progress in the area of genome editing.
The intention is for graduates to pass through awareness-raising and qualification processes that will enable them:
- to identify and address relevant issues and strategies for change processes beyond the boundaries of disciplines,
- to systemize and communicate (knowledge transfer) the approaches developed, and to implement them according to the requirements of the respective context,
- to instruct and guide interdisciplinary work teams that are characterized by diversity and heterogeneity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction and Overview regarding Programme Topics lecture
- Basics of Scientific Writing lecture
- Introduction to Methods of Working Academically
- Introduction to Communication and Cooperation Strategies lecture & practice
- The World in Change
- Introduction to Ways of Knowing and Meaning
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The applicant provides the examination committee with documents and information about his or her qualifications attesting to general, visual, and linguistic aptitude to successfully complete the degree programme. The applicant submits:
- A short biography
- A letter of motivation (600 words / 4000 characters)
- The cover page
- Personal Interview
International1492 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 746 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 383 EUR per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.