The Chemical and Environmental Engineering program at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology emphasizes processes that turn raw materials into valuable products without producing effluents or waste. All companies handling such processes need environmental engineers with a fundamental knowledge of chemical engineering to design, control, manage, and operate environmental treatment facilities.
Graduates have versatile skills and can develop careers in manufacturing, R&D, quality control, and consulting in many sectors. Their employers include:
- Biotechnology firms
- Consumer products companies
- Cosmetics and skin care companies
- Energy companies
- Engineering equipment companies
- Environmental engineering and consulting firms
- Food and beverages companies
Engineering programs offered by HKUST are accredited by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers. Through the Washington Accord, HKUST engineering degrees and those awarded by universities in Australia, Canada, Chinese Taipei, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States are mutually recognized.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Academic and Professional Development
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Training
- Process Principles
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Process Fluid Mechanics
- Process Design and Integration
- Separation Processes
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Reaction and Reactor Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Chemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 6 other Bachelors in Environmental Engineering in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Reference Information to Reflect the Intake Quality or Competitiveness for Admission
- Mid 50% Score Range for 2020 Intake: 36 –40 (including bonus points)
International18057 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18057 USD per year during 48 months.
National5430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5430 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.