We offer majors in Communication and Media Studies and Film Studies. Our Mass Communication degrees at University of Mary Hardin Baylor are complemented by lab work on the Bells, the UMHB student newspaper, and reporting on campus events. We also offer internships at a variety of local newspapers, magazines, radio and television stations and public relations firms.
Our Speech Communication degree is aimed at those interested in graduate study in Communication as well as those preparing to teach speech in a secondary school environment. Our Film Studies degree prepares students to work on both sides of the camera in the rapidly growing film and television industry. CRUFilms, our student film group, writes, directs and produces several short films each year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The UMHB Department of Communication and Media Studies offers hand-on distinctive learning experiences which provide students the opportunity to live out their passions an interests.
- Rooted in the spirit of the Humanities, these experiences foster critical thinking, effective communication, global perspectives, and civic-mindedness.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 998 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Complete and submit your application for admission.
- Submit an official transcript from each high school attended.
- Final official transcripts must be submitted upon graduation and must include your graduation date and class rank.
- Submit your scores from the SAT or ACT.
- Our ACT school code is 4128
- Our SAT school code is 6396
- While a writing sample score is required from either the ACT or SAT, the score will not affect your admissions status; it will be used for academic advising purposes.
- First-time college students aged 25 or older who do not rank in the upper half of their high school graduating class will be required to take the ACT or SAT.
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 48 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Belton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.