In this Public Health program from Carroll University you’ll learn about the public policy making process in regard to public health and how environmental risks such as air and water quality, food safety, vector-borne diseases and pesticides impact individuals and communities.
Public health practitioners focus on keeping people healthy. Their goal is to prevent illness and injury and encourage behaviors that are beneficial to health and well-being.
They do so through organized, interdisciplinary efforts that address the physical, mental and environmental health concerns of communities and populations at risk. Public health practitioners improve and enhance our quality of life in ways both large and small—from implementing vaccination programs to educating people about the risks of drug and alcohol abuse to advocating for public policy that promotes a safer and healthier society for everyone.
Public Health Is a Growing Field That Provides a Career with Choice, Flexibility and Impact
The core segments of public health include:
- Health Services Administration: Working in leadership and management to develop and implement programming designed to create positive health outcomes or respond to concerns in times of crisis
- Biostatistics: Using statistics to interpret scientific data related to public health
- Epidemiology: Understanding how and why diseases spread and applying that knowledge toward preventative strategies
- Behavioral Sciences/Health Education: Developing wellness and other educational programming that encourages people to adopt healthier lifestyles and make better choices
- Environmental Health Sciences: Exploring how factors such as indoor and outdoor pollution and water quality affect health
Careers in Public Health
Public Health is a career with flexibility and impact. Practitioners work in a variety of areas, including academic, nonprofit, private and public.
The majors pursue careers in:
- Behavioural science and health education
- Health policy and administration
- Environmental and occupational health
- International health
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health
- Global Health
- Biostatistics for Health Sciences
- Public Health for Communities
- Public Health Field Experience
- Environmental Health
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Public Health Policy and Administration
- Principles of Health Behavior
- Program Development, Assessment, and Evaluation in Public Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Students are encouraged to file an application for admission for the first semester (fall) before March 15.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 555 other Bachelors in Health Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Online Application
- English Proficiency Scores
- Transcripts in Local Language
- English Translations of Transcripts and Syllabi
- Passport copy
- Proof of Financial Support and Recent Bank Statement with one year of expenses and fees
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33200 USD per year during 48 months.
National33200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Waukesha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.