Students who choose the History - Political Science program of Mount Saint Mary College will be exposed to the methods employed by both historians and political scientists. They will also gain an understanding of the structures of political institutions and the framework of political thought. There are active internship opportunities in this program, and Mount students have regularly worked in Albany for a semester as interns with the New York Assembly and Senate.
History/Political Science at the Mount
The program in History/Political Science requires that students take six credits in American History, six credits in European History, six credits in Government, six credits in Political Thought, and six credits in elective courses.
This is an excellent major that allows for versatile career choices; from teaching to business, historic preservation, government services, criminal justice, and law.
- American State and Local Government
- Development of Political Thought
- Modern American Legal History
- Special Topics
- The U.S. Constitution and Supreme Court
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory Political Science View 1442 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Freshmen will need transcripts that meet the U.S. equivalency of a high school diploma
- Mount Saint Mary College requires at least one letter of recommendation in English from a guidance counselor or teacher
- Submit a personal essay of at least 250 words in English
- Submit SAT/ACT scores or TOEFL/IELTS scores
- Once you submit the above information, you'll receive an admissions decision and scholarship notification in just a few weeks
- After you've been accepted, submit your admissions deposit to save your seat at the Mount
- Copy of your current passport. It must be valid up to six months after your intended period of study
- Financial documentation (no more than three months old) for each sponsor
- If you are entering the U.S. as a new F-1 student, you will need to obtain an F-1 visa in your home country
International36522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36522 USD per year during 48 months.
National36522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36522 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.