Through significant intellectual study and a diverse set of field and service-learning experiences, you’ll acquire the knowledge, skills, and disposition necessary to instruct diverse learners as an elementary teacher in the 21st-century classroom.
The accredited bachelor of Elementary Education degree from Rockhurst University fosters inquiry, intellectual creativity, and evidence-based decision-making skills to equip you to face challenges in today’s global society.
The Missouri Teaching Standards convey the expectations of performance for professional child education teachers in Missouri. The standards are based on teaching theory indicating that early childhood education degree graduates become effective teachers who:
- Exercise discipline-specific content knowledge.
- Plan and utilize innovative, evidence-based teaching strategies.
- Assess and adjust teaching methods according to the needs of individual learners.
- Gain awareness and feel empowered to work within diverse settings.
As an elementary education degree graduate, you will be able to pursue careers such as:
- Elementary Education Teacher
- Instructional Designer
- Online Instructor
- Instructional Coach
- Innovation Specialist
The average elementary school teacher salary is around $40,000 in their first year.
- Math Methods for the Elementary Teacher
- Literature in the Classroom
- Curriculum and Instruction in Health and Physical Education
- Teaching Elementary School Science
- Technology and Education: Applications and Implications
- Child and Adolescent Development in Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National: Rockhurst operates on a rolling admission basis
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 3797 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an online application for admission
- Counselor's written recommendation
- ACT or SAT test score
- English proficiency: TOEFL - Internet based minimum score of 80
- Provide an Official Statement of Finances directly from a bank or financial institution
- Official high school academic credentials, translated into English if necessary
- International students/scholars will be able to waive the mandatory student health insurance as long as their policy meets the criteria, or they may enroll in Rockhurst's policy
International39500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19750 USD per semester during 48 months.
National39500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19750 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.