The modern forester needs to be fluent in the biological, ecological, social, and economic worlds, to understand how trees and forested ecosystems work, and how forests interact with other Earth systems.
In the Forestry program at Northland College you will learn about the interconnectedness of forests, human society, and culture from a historic to modern land ethic viewpoint while exploring the past, present, and future role of forests as a commodity that can provide potentially renewable and sustainable raw materials, fuels, sources for recreation, clean water, diverse habitat, carbon sequestration, and more.
In four years, you’ll be ready for a future in ecological restoration, scientific monitoring, wildland fire, private or governmental land management, environmental policy and law, traditional and alternative timber products, or preparation for postgraduate degrees.
- Woodland Plants of Northern Wisconsin
- Vegetative Communities of Northern Wisconsin
- Sustainable Forest Management
- Forest Mensuration
- Fire Ecology and Management
- Silviculture and Harvest
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNatural Sciences View 945 other Bachelors in Natural Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Northland College and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete the online application
- Upload or email all secondary school academic records and final examinations results. They must be in color, English, and PDF format.
- If you have taken any college/university level classes, upload or email transcripts from all institutions attended. They must be in color, English, and PDF format.
- All students must supply an approved course-by-course evaluation of their academic records.
International39719 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39719 USD per year during 48 months.
National39719 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39719 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ashland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.