The Biology program of Southwest Minnesota State University plays a major role in advising and teaching students in pre-professional programs. Biology majors satisfy the pre-professional requirements for acceptance into medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, optometry, dentistry, occupational therapy, physician assistant, podiatry, veterinary, pharmacy and osteopathic programs. Biology majors often continue their studies at the graduate level.
Within the Biology Program, a student may choose from the following three emphasis areas: biology, biology education, and Medical Laboratory Science (MLS). The biology major is designed to prepare students for a variety of careers in medicine, health care, government, industry, and environmental fields.
Graduates may choose from a number of careers after obtaining a B.A. or B.S. degree in biology. The biology education major, which includes course work from the Education Department, prepares the graduate for a teaching career at the secondary level. The MLS major is based on three years of coursework at SMSU and one year of clinical training at the Sanford USD Medical Center (Sioux Falls, South Dakota). Completion of the clinical internship prepares the graduate for the national licensing exam leading to a career as a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Wildlife Biologist
- Health Professions
- Biomedical research
- High School life science teacher
- Medical laboratory scientist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Cellular Biology
- Introduction to Cellular Biology Lab
- Introduction to Biodiversity & Evolution
- Introduction to Biodiversity & Evolution Lab
- Sophomore Biology Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology View 2879 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete your entire application online and to send your documents to us either by mail or electronically upload them
- Evidence that they have completed their secondary education within their home country (usually 12 years) and be entitled to acceptance into the universities in their home countries
- You would have to complete your visa application from your home country
International7720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3860 USD per semester during 48 months.
National7720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3860 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Marshall
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.