American Theatre Arts intensive practical programme at Rose Bruford College has evolved over the last ten years in direct response to those students who recognise the increasing importance of international study as an integral part of their drama school experience.
The ATA might appeal to you because we provide an opportunity to study acting both here in the UK and in the United States. But we also challenge conventional notions of actor-training to equip you with an understanding of the traditions and innovations of a whole-range of American theatre practice.
You will then be able to bring that understanding to your performance work in Europe and beyond. This is a programme for those with a passion for exploring the trans-Atlantic, indeed global, interchange of theatre practice. We are looking for individuals with something to say, who are keen to collaborate and experiment.
Graduates have gone on to perform on stage and screen in the UK and US, to win awards as playwrights and directors, to work as technicians and administrators for leading television and theatre producers and to create their own independent theatre companies..
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Understanding American plays in their historical context
- Exploring Broadway musical theatre
- Acting, voice, movement and theatre making classes
- Studying national history and the development of America’s theatre
- Classes in acting, musical theatre, improvisation, physical theatre, playwriting, directing and theatre making
- Public productions
- Steven Dykes, Programme Director
- Tony James, Course DirectorProfessor
- Kathy Dacre Rebecca Pollock, Lecturer
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 339 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You are in receipt of benefits including disability benefits: Universal Credit, PIP, DLA.
- You are Care Experienced (Care Leaver/in the care of your Local Authority).
- You have Caring Responsibilities (Young Carer/ Carer).
- You are irreconcilably Estranged with no contact with parents/family due to a relationship breakdown living independently without financial / emotional support from parents/family.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sidcup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.