Personalized instruction and supervised hands-on design experiences that stretch from designs-on-paper to fully realized productions provide exciting challenges for the Theatre Arts (Technical-Design Concentration) major at Vanguard University, and develop skills that can provide be the basis for success in graduate studies or in the technical theatre workplace.
All productions are entirely staffed by student technicians, including run crews, lighting crews, riggers, stage managers, sound operators and costume/makeup assistants. Many assistant designer position opportunities are also available throughout the production season.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Theatre
- Makeup Design
- Intermediate Set Construction
- Intermediate Scenic Painting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1331 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Affidavit of Financial Support. Submit annual financial certification showing financial sponsorship for duration of planned study. Financial aid, with the exception of institutional talent scholarships, is not available for international students.
- Deposit. For Fall students, submit a check in US dollars to cover 70% of basic costs of first academic year before the I-20 form is issued. For Spring students, submit a check in US dollars to cover 100% of basic costs of the Spring semester before the I-20 form is issued.
- TOEFL. International students for whom English is not their native language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and submit their scores to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. A score of at least 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 80 on the internet-based test, is required for admission to Vanguard University.
International35850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17925 USD per semester during 48 months.
National35850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17925 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Costa Mesa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.