This Natural Science - Health Sciences approach will allow you to recognize the interrelatedness of all areas of science. A natural science major prepares students for entry-level professional science, laboratory and government jobs. Students can also prepare for graduate education in nursing and other allied health fields. Many natural science majors participate in independent research or internship opportunities.
Students are strongly encouraged to complete one of the optional concentrations to have appropriate career preparation.
Health Sciences Concentration
The concentration in health sciences within the natural science major provides students with the necessary background to be competitive upon acceptance into an entry-level master’s degree program in nursing (MSN) and graduate programs in other allied health fields. Students choosing this concentration are required to complete a clinical experience of at least two semester hours.
Environmental Studies Concentration
This interdisciplinary field of study has an emphasis on human interactions with the environment and the public policies—locally, nationally and internationally—that shape those interactions. The student completing this concentration will have a strong background in the laboratory, in political science, and in business that is necessary to understand the complexity of environmental issues. Students choosing this concentration are required to complete an internship, independent study, or research in an environmental field of at least two semester hours.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- General Biology
- Medical Terminology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Elementary Microbiology
- Introduction to Human Pathophysiology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Health Sciences View 1605 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete either the Dominican University online application for freshman, transfer or graduate, depending on your status. Freshmen can also apply using the Common Application, which streamlines the college application process for students applying to multiple institutions.
- Pay a nonrefundable $100.00 application fee.
- Enrolling students requesting documentation for an F-1 visa must submit a Financial Statement Form (pdf) to the Office of Admission. This is essential for receiving an I-20 and should be submitted along with all other admission documents.
International33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.