The department produces a minimum of three mainstage shows each year through the Theatre Arts - Technical Concentration at Illinois Dominican University: a musical, a contemporary play, and a classical play. These selections explore different time periods, as well as the comedic and dramatic elements of the human condition. There are additional performance/production opportunities through clubs, such as the improv team, dance team, and choral ensembles, as well as special events like The Black Box Experiment and staged readings.
We offer three concentrations within the theatre arts major: performance, technical theatre and general studies.
What will your study of the arts enable you to do? Just about anything! The study of theatre helps develop skills that can be applied to a wide range of experiences and career paths. Gain advanced abilities in time management, creative problem solving, interpersonal communications, working collaboratively, dedication/discipline, and more! Apply these skills to the entertainment industry: acting, stage managing, technical production, casting, designing, etc. Or apply them to related industry fields in marketing, box office, audience development, house management, etc. Or apply them to any number of careers in business, education, psychology, sociology, medicine, law, and more. On stage, back stage, off stage—it’s learning for a lifetime.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Scenic Painting
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design
- Theatre Production II
- Lighting Design
- Scenic Design
- Sound and Media Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1235 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete either the Dominican University online application for freshman, transfer or graduate, depending on your status. Freshmen can also apply using the Common Application, which streamlines the college application process for students applying to multiple institutions.
- Pay a nonrefundable $100.00 application fee.
- Enrolling students requesting documentation for an F-1 visa must submit a Financial Statement Form (pdf) to the Office of Admission. This is essential for receiving an I-20 and should be submitted along with all other admission documents.
International33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33900 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.