The Global Studies - Global Economics Concentration program curriculum at Saint Mary's College covers the basics of global studies, plus aspects of global economics, including economic development, public sector economics, and comparative economics. The senior comprehensive is a research project grounded in a topic related to your area of concentration. You'll get graduate level experience as you develop and present your proposal, including hypothesis, design, and proposed methodologies.
You'll demonstrate competence in at least one world language and spend at least five weeks in a college-sponsored study abroad program. All students in the global studies major will submit an e-portfolio at the end of the senior seminar. Some of the items in the portfolio include: language proficiency score, reflection paper regarding study abroad experience, resume, and research proposal.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey I: Culture and Language
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- World Civilization II
- International Politics
- Comparative Politics
- Senior Seminar in Global Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics View 1340 other Masters in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- academic accomplishments as evidenced by rigor of coursework, grades, grade trends
- self-reported SAT or ACT scores (unless you plan to apply Test Optional). We'll accept your self-reported scores off the application for admission and scholarship consideration, but in order for you to ultimately enroll at Saint Mary's, you will be required to submit your official test scores. So, report them accurately!
- extracurricular activities
- community service and leadership experience
- personal essay
- recommendations from counselors, teachers, coaches and other personal acquaintances
International43040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43040 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National43040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43040 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.