Acquire highly marketable knowledge and skills that are needed just about everywhere — from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies — as a Computing Technology and Information Systems major or minor.
All Computing Technology and Information Systems students at Guilford College take foundational courses in computer programming and management information systems; an advanced core with Database Systems (introducing modern data storage techniques using relational databases), Operating Systems (principles and applications of how these key technologies work); and a capstone course in which students apply their learning to a project of their interest.
Each CTIS student focuses on either Information Technology or Information Systems. The Information Technology track focuses on the application of computing hardware and software. Networking Computers introduces students to network architectures and telecommunication protocols, while Advanced Computer Programming gives deeper practice with modern programming practices.
The Information Systems track focuses on the management of information technology in businesses, organizations and the community. E-Business explores the application of computer technology to commercial transactions between businesses and consumers. And Systems Analysis and Design explores the process of information system formulation and development in an organizational setting.
Majors delve deeper into computing topics or explore the connections between computing and other disciplines such as art and mathematics.
- Introduction to Programming
- Management Information Systems
- Operating Systems
- Database Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Networking Computers
- Advanced Programming
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 1924 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts of all academic coursework to date, including certificates of completion, external examination results and/or diplomas, must be mailed to the Office of Admission. If your final year of education is still in progress, submit any and all documentation you have up to this time. Guilford College requires properly certified English translations of transcripts for review. Transcripts must be verified by World Education Services.
- Certificate of Finances (COF): Please provide a complete and true COF using this form. We encourage you to first reference these COF form instructions.
- Personal Essay: Please submit a personal essay that explains why you want to attend Guilford College.
- Visa Clearance Form: Complete and submit the Visa Clearance Form.
- TOEFL or IELTS Score Report
International39400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 USD per semester during 48 months.
National39400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19700 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.