You’ll survey Spanish literature and film, and study the social movements and outstanding achievements of the U.S. Latine, and of key figures in Latin American and Spanish history. If you are a heritage speaker of Spanish, you can build on and amplify the skills you bring to the classroom with a curriculum designed to meet your specific experience.
You’ll enjoy opportunities for specialized study in the subtleties of Spanish in the corporate world, the health professions, or both.
The advanced language skills you’ll develop will enable you to stand out from the crowd and enter the job market exceptionally prepared for professional success. Students seeking to teach Spanish can complete our Spanish and Intercultural Studies major alongside our K-12 education licensure program.
Spanish Language and Transcultural Studies majors from Illinois Dominican University tend to be curious and eager to meet new people, experience different places, and master unfamiliar challenges. Employers absolutely love people with those traits, so your career possibilities will be almost endless. What’s more, our curriculum is designed to prepare you for lifelong intellectual and professional competence.
Our graduates are open to new ideas, knowledgeable about the world, practiced and comfortable communicating across cultures, and able to adapt and thrive through long and meaningful careers. They have earned their way into leadership positions in the professions of their choice.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Intermediate Spanish
- Advanced Grammar and Composition
- Hispanic Literature
- Spanish for Health Professions
- Advanced Oral Communication
- Business Spanish
- Spanish in the United States
- Special Topics in Culture and Civilization
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We make admission decisions on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesLanguages Literature Linguistics View 1473 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United States
- Applicants who completed coursework at institutions outside the United States must submit official, translated transcripts from secondary schools and colleges/universities that have been attended.
- Transcripts from colleges/universities must include include course details for all courses taken (course by course report).
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: International students who are not native speakers of English must provide proof of English language proficiency as part of the application to Dominican University.
- Admitted international students who require an F-1 or J-1 visa, or whose visa needs are unclear, will be asked to complete a supplemental form, providing Dominican documents required for the university to generate an I-20 (F-1 students) or DS-2019 (J-1 students). Either the I-20 or DS-2019 document will be required for students to obtain a U.S. visa from an American embassy or consulate.
International35335 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35335 USD per year during 48 months.
National34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34950 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for River Forest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.