Get connected to the world with services such as the 24-hour Associated Press satellite news service and CNN Newsource — just like what commercial news outlets receive daily — or create news yourself by writing stories for the campus newspaper, The Spartan, or for the campus radio station. Work as a team and develop a public relations campaign for a local client. Study crisis communications from one of the country’s leading experts.
The Public Relations program of York College of Pennsylvania provides a thorough background in the theoretical principle and the practical application of public relations so you understand the why and the how behind brand and personal communication. You’ll see how communication objectives are met by for-profit and not-for-profit companies and firms, and train to think strategically. Our program also requires majors to take writing classes designed for work in public relations, as excellent writing skills are always in demand.
Your future in Public Relations
Our graduates have gone on to work for American Cancer Society, Bank of America, the Department of Homeland Security, Penn State University and other colleges, the United Way and Wellspan Health. You’ll be confident headed into your job search with hands-on experience starting your first year and an opportunity to design and execute a PR campaign. Possible careers include:
- Public Relations or Marketing Managers
- Crisis Communication Directors
- Social media Planners or Consultants; Website Content Experts
- Spokespersons or Public Information Officers
- Event Coordinators, Integrated Marketing Consultants, and more
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Relations
- Ethics in Strategic Communication
- Public Relations Research
- Writing for Public Relations
- PR Cases
- Public Relations Campaigns
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National students - we have ongoing enrollment available right now
DisciplinesPublic Relations View 318 other Bachelors in Public Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for admission must be submitted online
- Official Copy of Secondary School grade report (high school transcript) along with a certified English translation if needed
- Evidence of English language proficiency (for Non-Native English speakers)
International19670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9835 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9835 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.