Upon completing the 2000-level foundational sequence, Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies majors at Otterbein University will be asked to declare a three-course concentration, or focus area, in the subject of their choosing.
Concentrations may include (but are not limited to):
- Gender, Culture, and Representation - Possible coursework: Women as Subjects and Objects in the Visual Arts; Reading and Writing in Women’s Literatures; Reading and Writing in GLBTQ Literatures; Women and Music; Studies in Film, Gender, and Sexuality
- Power and Identity - Possible coursework: Sociology of Gender; Psychology of Women; Gender and Communication
- Social Activism and Political Change - Possible coursework: Race, Gender, Class, and Media; Organizing across Race, Gender, and Class: Gender and Feminist Political Theory
- Queer Studies - Possible coursework: Reading and Writing in GLBTQ Literatures; Screening Sexualities; Queer Theory; The History of Sexuality in the U.S; Gender, Sexuality, and Religion; Gender and Biology
- Intersectional Studies - Possible coursework: Poverty, Wealth, and Inequality; Mass Incarceration and the African-American Civil Rights Movement; Race, Gender, Class, and Media
- Women and Leadership - Possible coursework: Women and Leadership; Organizing Across Race, Class, Gender and Age; Leadership Practices
- Individualized Concentration - Designed by the WGSS major.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Studies in Film, Gender & Sexuality
- Women in Music
- Gender and Communication
- Human Sexuality
- Psychology of Women
- Sociology of Gender
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAnthropology Gender & Sexuality Studies General Studies & Classics View 759 other Bachelors in General Studies & Classics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Conditional admission is available to students that meet academic requirements, but still need additional language training to be successful in a U.S. classroom. Otterbein offers an English as a Second Language program on campus to help prepare students to become full-time degree seeking candidates.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International33224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33224 USD per year during 48 months.
National33224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33224 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.