The Environmental Health and Safety course from Otterbein University combines approaches to workplace health and safety with environmental compliance and risk management in a curriculum which our industry advisors recognize as unique for a Bachelor of Science degree. Students receive training to form a complimentary blend of health, safety and environmental risk management skills demanded by industry.
EHS is recognized as one of the strongest current job growth fields and is projected to remain strong into the future. Who hires EHS specialists? Below is a partial list of industries and institutions that regularly hire EHS personnel:
- Cities and municipalities
- Hospitals and medical facilities
- Auto manufacturing
- Petroleum industries
- Mining industries
- Educational institutions
- Transportation companies
- State and federal transportation departments
- Shipping and warehousing companies
- General manufacturing businesses
- Banking and insurance companies
Why EHS at Otterbein?
Otterbein has a rich tradition in the liberal arts curriculum and our diverse learning format, the Integrative Studies program, provides an opportunity for students to understand and appreciate issues from a broader human perspective. This unique approach to general education provides a rich perspective to the human condition that enables Otterbein students the ability to recognize, dissect and work with complex problems. Employers recognize this skill as important to being well prepared in discipline specific training.
Otterbein is located in Westerville, Ohio, which is another one of our strengths. We are minutes away from Ohio’s largest city and the 15th largest city in the US, Columbus. The metropolitan Columbus area affords many opportunities for students to engage internships and identify prospective research with the areas many industries and institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Environmental Health and Safety
- Environmental Compliance Audits
- Environmental Standards and Regulations
- Toxicology and Industrial Hygiene
- Safety Engineering & OSHA Compliance
- Introduction to Science
- nvironmentåj Geology - Writing Intensive
- Hydrology - Writing Intensive
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 253 other Bachelors in Environmental Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.