Mathematics and Science Education - Mathematics Education from TED University aims to train qualified elementary mathematics teachers who are capable of contributing to national and international practices in their field. These teachers are open to learning and development, having the ability to perform their profession effectively, and making leadership in the field, thinking reflectively and critically.
Graduates with Mathematics and Science Education - Mathematics Education from TED University will be able to:
- Integrate the basic level theoretical and practical mathematics knowledge with elementary mathematics pedagogy.
- Develop concrete solutions to daily life problems from a mathematical point of view.
- Critically analyse individual and professional innovations and developments within and outside the field by monitoring them with an interdisciplinary perspective and utilise them efficiently within the teaching-learning process.
- Use English language efficiently in promoting his/her individual and professional practices.
- Acquire and analyse information by means of information and communication technology resources in order to accomplish his/her individual and professional goals.
- Exhibit behaviors dedicated to the profession of elementary mathematics teaching, professionalism, life-long learning, ethical values, individual and professional development.
- Use individual and collaborative skills with all stakeholders of education to support the students’ development in community service projects.
- Observe his/her own progress in the learning and teaching process, utilizes life-long learning skills.
- Design learning environments that promote individual and collaborative leaning appropriate to students’ developments and cultural diversity.
- Utilize diverse assessment methods and tools in order to regularly monitor, record and plan the development and learning of the students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Misconceptions in Mathematics Education
- Logical Reasoning
- Teaching of Probability and Statistics
- Special Education and Inclusion
- Teaching Practice 1 (MATE)
- Analytical Geometry
- Teaching of Algebra
- Problem Solving in Mathematics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Passport (first page)
- High School Diploma (if not graduated yet, Graduation Certificate taken from the high school. The expected date of graduation and the expected graduation score must be stated on the certificate)
- An official high school transcript displaying the scores of courses taken in the last year
- Official copy of the exam/diploma/test results
- If granted financial support by an institution, an official letter from the institution stating the duration and amount of the financial support.
- Turkish High School Diploma/ ACT/ SAT Reasoning Test/ A diploma of International Baccalaureate with a minimum total score of 28 out of 45
- There is no need for English Proficiency results for applications to undergraduate programmes. After university registration, they take our own free English Assessment.
International7000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 USD per year during 48 months.
National7000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.