Careers after the Social Studies Teaching program offered by Washington State University
Social studies teachers may teach in public or private schools worldwide. Further study opens up possibilities as a coach, counselor, principal, or other administrative positions in schools.
During the 2015–2016 school year, the standard starting annual salary for a nine-month school year was $35,069 for Washington state teachers with a bachelor's degree, according to the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction. With additional education and experience, salaries can be much higher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Benefit from the only undergrad teaching program in Washington that's housed at a major research university.
- Learn from professors who have done extensive research, travel, and teaching abroad.
- Study and work with a diversity of young students that mirrors today’s classrooms.
- The U.S. Department of Education selected WSU for a grant of more than $11 million to create a model teacher preparation program centered on high-needs youths.
- Learn effective teaching: WSU offers the state’s only teacher preparation program that provides practical classroom teaching opportunities in every region of Washington.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
- National: The fall semester admission priority application date for first-year students is January 31. You can still apply after this date on a space-available basis
- International: WSU accepts international undergraduate applications at any time of year and operates on a rolling admission basis.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Teaching View 1490 other Bachelors in Teaching in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To be considered for admission to Washington State University as a freshman, a student needs to complete at least 12 years of school, culminating in an appropriate secondary certificate or external examination. (We may consider the first year or two of university in some countries to be secondary level.)
- Schooling should include preparation in humanities, mathematics, basic sciences, and social sciences.
- WSU requires a minimum grade point average of 2.70 (on a 4.00 scale) for admission as an international freshman.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27113 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27113 USD per year during 48 months.
National13156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13156 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State5498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5498 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.