As a person who is passionate about teaching others, lifelong learning, and working with adult students, you have a variety of career opportunities available to you in the adult education field within many types of organizations, such as:
- Teaching at technical colleges
- Coordinating non-profit, community-based education programs
- Providing vocational education
- Training and development in business and industry
In the Adult Education program at Bellevue University, you'll examine adult learning theories, the needs of various adult learners, and how they learn best. You'll look into the factors that influence them including educational contexts, learning styles and environment, as well as how technology plays a major role in education today.
Through discussion, collaboration and practical application of instructional design strategies, you will learn to develop, enhance, and deliver curriculum effectively to meet the needs of all types of adult learners whether in the classroom or the workplace. You will study and gain skills in modes of instructional delivery including online education (e-learning or distance-learning), face-to-face training, small and large group instruction, and presentations.
Core courses in this cohort program allow for co-participants to benefit from the professional and real-life experience of members of the cohort. Integrating hands-on, applied learning with theory, all Bellevue University degrees are designed to deliver a transformative learning experience that is flexible to accommodate your personal and work life.
To teach or train adults requires specialized expertise. Bellevue University’s in-class or online Adult Education Bachelor’s degree will enable you to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking, innovation, and creativity
- Apply elements of adult learning theories to create appropriate instructional materials
- Defend use of instructional methods and provide the rationale for their use
- Assess the effectiveness of course materials and delivery methods
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Professional Success
- Continuing Education and Training
- Adult Learning Theory
- Learning Styles Fundamentals
- Critical Thinking and Evaluation
- Classroom Instructional Methods and Delivery
- Electronic Instructional Methods and Delivery
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 3331 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form
- $100 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- An official evaluation of foreign credentials: Must be completed by an approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member which includes, but is not limited to Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES). Students who wish to transfer credit to Bellevue University will need to order a course-by-course evaluation.
- Verification of funds to show sufficient funds to study in the United States.
International425 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 425 USD per credit during 48 months.
National425 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 425 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Bellevue
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.