The Behavioral Science program at Mercy College New York provides a combination of structure and flexibility with 4 required courses and 8 elective courses. When selecting major elective courses, a student may tailor the program to his or her particular interests and career goals.
The Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Science at Mercy College New York is a very feasible choice of major for transfer students, as it is possible that classes you may have already taken will count toward either required or elective courses. Additionally, the program offers many opportunities for career development through credit-earning internships at a variety of NYC area worksites.
By the end of this Behavioral Science program, students should be able to:
- Construct a coherent explanation of major theoretical paradigms and major concepts in psychology and sociology Identify, and compare quantitative and qualitative methods, research designs, and basic statistical tools during social research
- Explain how the study of social class, ethnicity, gender, age, race, and religion can facilitate cultural competencies focusing on how the individual develops in family, school, work, and community
- Apply psychological and sociological principles, theories, and research to personal, cultural, and organizational situations
- General Liberal Arts and Sciences
- General Education Requirements
- Major Concentration
- Behavioral Science
- Open Electives
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour Clinical Psychology View 1895 other Bachelors in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must submit a high school transcript for their application to be reviewed. We will accept either an unofficial or official transcript. Students are able to upload these transcripts through our student portal.
- An official final high school transcript (provided by the high school to Mercy College), which includes all secondary school grades, class rank and date of graduate must be submitted prior to enrollment.
- Students whose transcripts are unavailable should consult with an admissions counselor. Or, the applicant can provide a High School Equivalency Diploma, if applicable, with corresponding score sheet.
International21358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21358 USD per year during 48 months.
National21358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21358 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.