Viterbo University's Music Education PK-12 program has a strong reputation for producing caring and competent teachers, and has a high job placement rate for graduates. Viterbo has active student chapters of Music Educators National Association and American Choral Directors Association. This foundation, paired with education courses taken through the School of Education, prepares students for a teaching career in public or private schools.
- Demonstrate performance skills requisite for artistic self-expression in voice or piano and proficiency in keyboard, sight reading, and conducting.
- Understand and employ the common elements and organizational patterns of music through analysis, arrangement, composition, and improvisation.
- Distinguish the major eras, composers and genres of music history and literature within broad historical, cultural, and stylistic contexts
- Apply knowledge of current teaching methods, materials, and technology to individual and group instruction in voice or piano.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Psychology
- Technology-Enhanced Instruction Pre-K-12
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Disability and the Inclusive Classroom
- Secondary Disciplinary Literacy Practices
- Positive Classroom Environment 4-12
- Senior Clinical for Elementary
- Student Teaching Seminar, PK-12
- Professional Portfolio Development
- Reading, Writing, and the Elements of Argument
- Accelerated Reading, Writing, and the Element of Argument
- Honors Writing Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Early application is encouraged.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3567 other Bachelors in Education in United States
- Four units of English
- Three units of mathematics (two years of algebra is explicitly required for all nursing and dietetics students; calculus is recommended, but not required, as a prerequisite for engineering students)
- Three units of natural science
- Three units of social science or history
- Three units of elective credits
- Submission of a high school transcript (or equivalent documentation) is required.
- Letters of recommendation, personal statements, resumes, or essay samples are encouraged for new incoming freshmen, but they are not universally required for admission review.
International29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29230 USD per year during 48 months.
National29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29230 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for La Crosse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.