Art History embraces an interdisciplinary approach that draws on history, archaeology, anthropology, religion, literature, and other allied disciplines to understand and interpret visual culture.
- The curriculum cultivates skills in critical analysis, research, oral and written communication, and visual literacy that prepare students for careers and graduate/professional schools in diverse fields in and outside the arts. We are able to offer face-to-face instruction by permanent faculty who are actively engaged in international research.
- Majors also need to demonstrate college-level foreign language proficiency. Foreign language skills prepare students for art historical research and greater international engagement. You may already be proficient in a foreign language or you may need additional study to demonstrate proficiency. The art history program requires the same level of proficiency as the majors in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. See CLAS Foreign Language Requirement for ways to demonstrate proficiency by exam, college-level credit from another institution, or taking coursework at University of Florida.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles and History of Art
- Art History Seminar
- Non-Western Art
- Art History Seminar
- Chinese Art and Archaeology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Art History Modern History View 2242 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All international applicants should apply online.
- Submit the non-refundable $30 application fee (U.S. currency drawn on a U.S. bank or credit card).
- Freshmen must submit official SAT or ACT scores.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Michigan English Lab Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Applicants are exempt from the English proficiency requirement if enrolled for one academic year in a degree-seeking program at a recognized/regionally accredited university or college in a country where English is the official language prior to your anticipated term of enrollment or if you are from one of the following countries.
International28658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28658 USD per year during 48 months.
National28658 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28658 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6380 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.