Learn how to investigate environmental issues like pollution, study on climate change and depletion of natural resources from a natural and social scientific perspective, and explore innovative sustainable solutions. It's all possible in this bachelor of environment.
What makes the Bachelor Environmental Sciences unique?
- Able to investigate environmental issues like pollution, climate change and depletion of natural resources.
- Unites natural-, social- and technological sciences to understand human-environment interactions.
- Aims to develop skills and knowledge to design sustainable solutions for the future of our planet.
Future career - Environmental Sciences
Graduates of the Environmental Sciences programme from Wageningen University and Research generally go on to complete a two-year master’s programme afterwards. The bachelor's programme in Environmental Sciences grants admission to a range of MSc programmes at Wageningen.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first year you expand your knowledge in Maths, Statistics, Chemistry and Physics. Besides these basic courses courses on environmental issues like soil, water and environmental policy are part of the first year courses.
- Courses on air quality, environmental technology, environmental system analysis and sustainability transitions are part of the 2nd year. You gain a deeper understanding of the area that appeals to you most by choosing one of three majors: Environmental Quality and Systems Analysis, Environmental Technology or Environmental Policy and Economics.
- During the third year you gain more extensive knowledge in your major, which you can apply in your individual thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 4 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be in possession of a secondary school leaving certificate (a Dutch ‘vwo-diploma’) or an equivalent to the Dutch pre-university diploma, and;
- Have studied certain subjects (at the required level) relevant to the programme you are applying for, and;
- Meet the English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14616 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.