At Nazareth College we offer a Peace and Justice Studies degree. Nazareth's provocative peace and justice studies degree program examines the way human beings resolve conflict and work towards justice on interpersonal and global levels.
Our interdisciplinary approach allows students to complement their perspectives on ethical theory, political justice, and class conflict, for example, with studies in philosophy, political science, economics, and other areas of interest.
- Strong liberal arts curriculum with related courses in English literature, anthropology, sociology, psychology, history, economics, and other humanities.
- Emphasis on writing and critical thinking.
- Six-credit foreign language requirement.
- Seniors can take a capstone course on non-violence where they are required to write a senior thesis.
- A two-semester community service internship, where students use what they learn in their other courses to reflect on the significance of their service work.
- Peace and Justice
- Conflict Resolution
- Nonviolence Literature, History & Philosophy
- Peace and Justice Internship
- Christian Ethics: Stories of Virtue and Violence
- Living Well: Ethics in the World’s Religions
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law View 521 other Bachelors in Criminal Law in United States
- Complete the free Common Application online at www.commonapp.org in English. This includes submitting a sample of your writing (up to two pages in length; may be a graded academic paper).
- Transcript/academic records: Request an international credential evaluation from SpanTran (recommended service) or any evaluation service verified by NACES (required). Minimum grade point average (GPA): 2.75.
- Provide your English language test scores: Provide an official copy of your TOEFL/IELTS exam results.
- Optional: Official SAT or ACT exam results. (Required for nursing.)
- Recommendations: 1-3 letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors (in English).
- Finances form: After the Admission Committee makes a decision, accepted students must complete the Nazareth Declaration of Finances form and provide bank statements showing the amount available to cover your educational expenses. This form is needed to issue an I-20 (required to obtain your student visa).
International34850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34850 USD per year during 48 months.
National34850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34850 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.