Our approach to the study and practice of theater, film, and media is grounded in a liberal arts environment that values interdisciplinary and culturally plural perspectives. The lively exchange of ideas and practices across disciplines sparks our activities in classrooms, on stage and screen, and in the studios.The goals of the Theater, Film and Media Studies program from Saint Mary's College of Maryland is as follows:
- To develop knowledge and skills in theater, film, and media scholarship and practice;
- To create works of theater, performance, and media that educate our students, enrich and draw from the diverse cultural life of our community, and sustain a regional and national reputation for excellence and innovation;
- To combine tradition and experimentation, old technologies and new, theory and practice;
- To nurture socially engaged scholars, artists, and audiences;
- To build bridges among disciplines, both within and outside our department;
- To foster a community of faculty and students that celebrates and reflects the diversity of world theater, cinema, and media;
- To provide opportunities for students and faculty to cultivate their individual talents and realize their unique visions;
- To prepare students for graduate study or careers in their chosen field and for lifelong achievement as global citizens and creative, critical thinkers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elements of Design
- Theater in History
- Introduction to Film and Media Studies
- Modern Theater
- Production Lab
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 698 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Application
- Includes the essay (and our supplement) submitted by the applicable deadline
- Official Secondary School Transcript(s)Must be submitted directly from your school
- Official transcripts for any college/university work must also be submitted
- Secondary School Report and teacher recommendations
- Must be submitted directly from your school
- Standardized test scores
International28192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28192 USD per year during 48 months.
National28192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28192 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12116 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Maryland City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.