Majors of the Political Science program from Saint Mary's College of Maryland will complete individualized research under the close direction of supportive faculty. You can even earn your degree while studying abroad!
You will learn the skills necessary to understand and analyze contemporary politics and public policy. The Political Science Department will also seek to develop in its students a comprehensive knowledge of the political world, its systems, institutions, and behaviors, and an understanding of the relevance of various political aspects, both theoretical and practical. Students will gain the ability to comment thoughtfully on issues of current political concern, and will be prepared for careers in government, law, lobbying, journalism, or public policy, and/or for continued study at the graduate level.
The curriculum provides you with:
- Knowledge of political systems
- Analytical skills essential for the evaluation of competing political claims
- The capacity to research topics in politics or public policy
Upon completion of the program, you will have gained the ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the political world
- Apply the appropriate methodologies for investigating any given topic of political concern
- Engage in thoughtful and respectful analysis of the existing opinions on a given topic of political concern
- Support judgment and conclusions in a manner consistent with political methodologies
- Communicate effectively in both the written and oral forms
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Politics
- Scope and Methods of Political Science
- American Politics
- Comparative Politics
- Introduction to Democratic Political Thought
- International Politics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy Political Science View 493 other Bachelors in Public Policy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Application
- Includes the essay (and our supplement) submitted by the applicable deadline
- Official Secondary School Transcript(s)Must be submitted directly from your school
- Official transcripts for any college/university work must also be submitted
- Secondary School Report and teacher recommendations
- Must be submitted directly from your school
- Standardized test scores
International28192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28192 USD per year during 48 months.
National28192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28192 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12116 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Maryland City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.