Nutrition (Hons) from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London has a specific nutrition focus. Biochemistry, Physiology and Public Health are all nutrition-orientated with related industry, lifestyle and case study examples provided throughout your learning.
Diet and Nutrition is a multi-million-pound industry and continually in the media. Chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancers and diabetes kill more than 36 million people each year. An unhealthy diet is known to be a major risk factor in the cause of many of these diseases.
Additionally, diet and nutritional status can be linked to many other conditions such as osteoporosis, dental disease and dementia. This degree programme provides a sound review of the scientific basis for the links between dietary factors, health and disease.
Students at Nutrition (Hons) from St Mary's University, Twickenham, London will:
- be provided with an overview of the relationship between diet, health and fitness and explores solutions to the nutrition-related health issues in society today
- have access to our Nutrition Suite for use in practical sessions and an Air Displacement Plethysmograph (BodPod).
- Public Health Nutrition
- Clinical Nutrition
- Sports Nutrition
- Nutrition and the Athlete
- Weight Management
- Functional and Novel Foods
- Nutrition and Genetics
- Managing in the Workplace
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Biochemistry View 668 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS code: B400
- UCAS points: 96-112
- An A Level (or equivalent) in a science subject is preferred.
- We will make you an offer if you are within the tariff band range and you meet subject-specific requirements (where applicable).
- For undergraduate programmes we will take into account subjects studied at Level 3, your GCSEs (or equivalent) profile, relevant non-academic achievements outlined in your personal statement, references and your motivation for study.
International13650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13650 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.